The NMSU student chapter of IEEE serves to promote the engineering process of creating, developing, integrating, sharing, and applying knowledge about topics in electrical engineering and information technologies and sciences for the benefit of humanity and the profession. This is accomplished through several different activities that are hosted by our local chapter.
Follow the NMSU IEEE Facebook page.
News for Current Members
Upcoming Community Service Activities Spring 2020:
- More info coming soon!
Recent Events Fall 2019:
- Guest Speaker Shaun Cooper gave a presentation on how to build a resume, and professional development on Tuesday September 10th, in TB rm 204 at 6:30pm
- Resume Reviews: Wednesday, September 11th from 3:00pm-5:00pm in TB rm 307
- Mock Interviews: Thursday, September 12th 2:00pm-4:00pm in TB rm 307
- Cummings Info Session, hosted by Career Services, Tuesday 17th at 7:30pm-9:00pm rm TBA
- Special IEEE Meeting hosted Sandia Labs Info Session, Wednesday September 18th from 5:30pm-6:30pm in TB 204
- Homecoming Float and Parade: October 5th, 2019
- BEST Robotics Game Day: October 19th, 2019
- IEEE Xtreme: October 18-19th, 2019. We had a team that competed in the 24hr programming competition.
- Engineering Fall Festival: October 18th, 2019, 6:00pm-9:00pm in Jett Hall – We were in charge of the pumpkin carving table.
- Renaissance Arts Faire, Nov 2 & 3, 2019 at Young Park.
- First Lego League: Nov 16th, helping elementary and middle school kids who are solving real world problems by creating Lego designs.