Jinjin Jiang and Dong Pei earned their PhD degree and graduated in May 2017. Congratulations!
We are interested in the ecological interactions of mosquitoes and the microorganisms that are associated with mosquito life history. The symbiotic interactions between the mosquitoes and associated microbes play essential roles in various mosquito life traits, therefore understanding of the symbiosis will facilitate to develop novel intervention strategy for the control of mosquito borne diseases.
- Characterization and manipulation of structure and function of mosquito gut microbiome.
- Metagenomics of bacterial residents in vector Anopheles and Aedes mosquitoes.
- Evolutionary impact of microbiota on the mosquito immune system.
- Mosquito redox homeostasis.
- Biol 219 Public Health Microbiology
- Biol 311 Microbiology
- Biol 478 Genetics of microorganisms
- Biol 442/562 Genomics
- Biol 446/566 Bioinformatics
The Xu lab accepts undergraduate research scholars from various research programs, including HHMI, MARC, BRIDGES, and RISE.