Emotion & Social Decision-Making Lab

Tim Ketelaar (Lab Director)

Jordan Andrusak

Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Research Assistant (Spring 2022)

Major: Individualized Studies with minors in: Biology, Counseling Psychology, & Psychology.

As an undergraduate student, the current project I am partaking in is to further expand my research experience and knowledge in the psychology field.

Crystal Barrera-Dimas

Location, state, country

Research Assistant (Spring 2022)

Major(s): Psychology, Counseling Psychology

I am a first generation alongside with her brothers to Attend College in her whole family. I expect to Graduate in Spring 2022 and continue onto hmyr Masters in Psychology & Counseling Psychology in 2023. I plan to become a Therapist at a Children’s Hospital for the Hematology Floor, helping children and families come to terms with the sickness of a child and providing some inspiration because I am myself a cancer survivor. Outside of school, I like to spend time traveling to different places, doing Arts & Crafts, and doing photography.

Kimberly Duncan

Las Cruces, New Mexico

Research Assistant (Spring 2022)

Major: Psychology 

My ultimate goal is to combine research and therapy for drug addiction at a graduate level.  The passing of my son due to drug addiction motivates me to combat the current drug pandemic.

Andrea Gutierrez

location, state, country

Research Assistant (Spring 2022)

Major: Psychology

description

Kenneth Hall 

Las Cruces, New Mexico

Research Assistant (Spring 2022)

Major: Psychology 

I am an undergraduate student planning on becoming a therapeutic counselor. As a former member of the US Air Force, I would like to work with the Veteran’s Administration to assist those veterans in need.  

Amanda Lerma

location, state, country

Research Assistant (Spring 2022)

Major: Psychology.

I have also had an interest within the military, and how things work psychologically between technology and humans within the military. I currently work full time for a company called PBS (Positive Behavioral Support), and I work with individuals who have autism.

Jacqueline Lira

El Paso, Texas

Research Assistant (Spring 2022)

Major: Psychology.

I am a cadet in AFROTC and this is my last semester. I am expected to graduate and commission in May 2022.

Kacie Morales

Location, State

Research Assistant (Spring 2022)

Major(s): Psychology, Criminal Justice, with a minor in Forensic Science.

My interests include social psychology, video games, reading, and crocheting. I have experience working in the IT field and as a Teacher’s Assistant. In the long term, I hope to attend graduate school and become a clinical therapist.

Audrey Perrello

location, state, country

Research Assistant (Spring 2022)

Major: Psychology.

description

Research Assistant (Spring 2022)

Carmen Rios

location, state, country

Major: Psychology, with a minor in Counseling Psychology

I’m a senior majoring in Psychology with a minor in Counseling and Educational Psychology. I am working to earn her master’s degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling and further pursue a PhD. in Clinical Psychology. Aside from academics, I am a mother who devotes her free time to her son. My life mission is to raise a generous and strong-willed human being who learns to give back to this world.

Miriam Vonmoss

Las Cruces, New Mexico

Research Assistant (Spring 2022)

Major: Psychology/Minor: Early Childhood Education

I’m a senior at NMSU working towards a BA in Psychology and a minor in ECED. Outside of school I am a volunteer soccer and basketball coach for the City League of Las Cruces. I joined the research lab to gain knowledge and experience in conducting research. 

Skylar Welle

location, state, country

Research Assistant (Spring 2022)

Major: Psychology.

I plan to attend graduate school this upcoming fall to become a licensed professional counselor. I am passionate about mental health and helping others . I’m a member of the women’s swim and dive team. In addition to swimming, I enjoy hiking, reading, and dancing in my free time.