Prospective Graduate Students

I’m currently considering applications from prospective students who wish to be admitted to our Ph.D. program in Social Psychology for the Fall 2023 academic term.

Students who wish to join the Ph.D. program typically apply first to our Masters Program.  After successfully completing your Masters Degree, which serves as a “qualifying exam,” students  then complete a two-part comprehensive exam covering basic statistics/research design and subject matter content (determined in discussion with members of your graduate committee).  After passing the comprehensive exam, you are officially a “PhD candidate” and begin working on your final project, your dissertation.  We also accept students who apply to our Ph.D. program with a Master’s Degree earned at another institution.  When in doubt, don’t hesitate to contact me.

I am particularly interested in applications from qualified students with research interests in emotion, evolutionary psychology, and philosophy of science, or any area of research that falls within a social cognitive-science framework.

I am happy to answer any questions that you may have regarding my current and future research as well any questions concerning our graduate program.

Please don’t hesitate to  send me an email (ketelaar@nmsu.edu).

I would look forward to hearing from you.