Service & Outreach

Service to the Klipsch School of Electrical and Computer Engineering

My service activities within ECE are focused on activities administered through EE’s honor society, Eta Kappa Nu (HKN), and EE’s professional society the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE).  Additionally, I serve on several department committees include the Undergraduate Studies Committee.

Service to the College of Engineering

My service activities to the College of Engineering are focused on activities administered through the WiSTEM student organization and through service on the Scholarship Committee.  Additionally, I serve on college-wide committees, often devoted to curricular issues.

Service to New Mexico State University

In service to New Mexico State University, I serve as the dean’s representative for graduate exams outside of my department.  Additionally, I serve on university-wide committees including the Curricular Analytics Steering Committee.

Service to the Profession

In service to the profession, I review journal and conference papers for a variety of publication venues.  I also serve as associate editor for the Journal of Electronic Imaging and IEEE Transactions on Image Processing.