For nondestructive evaluation, ISNDE has about 2,300 sq.ft. of space, which contains the state of the art measurements, NDE equipment, 3D printing, and robotic systems.
The ISNDE laboratory includes:
Advanced ultrasound, acoustic waves, and vibration measurement systems
Other NDE/NDT and measurement capabilities
- Thermal imaging
- Magnetic particle (MP) testing
- Vision based DIC system including multiple digital cameras
- 2X Laser Scanners (Mold Impression Laser Tool (MILT)) from NASA Shuttle program.
- Environmental chamber
- Software and in-house high performance computer. The ISNDE holds COMSOL and ABAQUS software, installed in in-house high performance computer with 2 CPUs and 20 cores.
3D Printing capabilities
- MarkForged II 3D printer capable of printing composites with carbon and fiberglass continues fibers.
- Form 2 SLA for high-resolution polymer based 3D
- Small over the bench Hobart concrete mixer
- Two Universal Robotic Arms (UR5)
- PR2 Robot