My research mainly includes the following areas:
(1) Design, enhancement and analysis of hardware security primitives,
(2) Deep Neural Network Security from Hardware perspective,
(3) Design and implementation of security protocols for resource-constraint (IoT) systems,
(4) Hardware & Software Co-design,
(5) Applications of machine learning techniques on security & trust,
(6) Embedded system security and Design for Test (DFT).
Research Project Hardware Demo:
The video below shows a hardware demo of one of our research projects called “PUF-based Authentication Protocol”. The protocol is based on the Hardware-Embedded Delay PUF (HELP PUF) and it is mutual and privacy-preserving between hardware tokens and the server. The protocol requires no cryptographic primitives and it is promising for resource-constrained applications.